Ocean City, Maryland is a popular community for young adults, especially during special events. Unfortunately, this popularity also makes it a target for fake ID use.
What Is The Law On Fake IDs In Ocean City, MD?
In Maryland, it is a crime to possess or use a fake ID. The specific law that covers Fake ID Offenses in Ocean City is found in Transportation Article Section 16-301, which states that a person may not:
- Display, cause, or permit to be displayed, any fraudulently altered license.
- Produce a license that has been revoked, suspended, or canceled.
- Produce a license that is not the property of the person presenting it.
Can You Be Arrested For A Fake ID Offense In Ocean City, MD?
Yes, you can be arrested for a fake ID offense in Ocean City, MD. In fact, Ocean City police have a zero-tolerance policy for fake IDs. This means that if you are caught with a fake ID, you will likely be arrested, regardless of whether you are actually trying to use it to purchase alcohol or tobacco.
What Happens After An Arrest For A Fake ID Offense In Ocean City, MD?
If you are arrested for a fake ID offense in Ocean City, MD, you will be taken to the police station for booking. You will then be released on your own recognizance or required to post bail. Your case will then be referred to the Maryland District Court for Worcester County. It is best to speak with an experienced Ocean City criminal defense attorney to ensure that you understand your rights.
What Are The Possible Consequences Of A Fake ID Offense In Ocean City, MD?
If you are convicted of a fake ID offense in Ocean City, MD, you could face the following consequences:
- Up to 6 months in jail
- A fine of up to $500
What Situations Can Cause More Or Additional Consequences For A Fake ID Offense In Ocean City, MD?
There are a number of situations that can cause more or additional consequences for a fake ID offense in Ocean City, MD. These include:
- If you are using a fake ID to purchase alcohol or tobacco for someone who is under 21, you could face additional charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- If you are using the fake ID to commit another crime, such as driving under the influence of alcohol, you could face additional charges for the underlying crime.
What Possible Defenses Can You Use If You Are Facing Fake ID Charges In Ocean City, MD?
There are a number of possible defenses that you can use if you are facing fake ID charges in Ocean City, MD. These include:
- You did not know that the ID was fake.
- You were not using the ID to purchase alcohol or tobacco.
- You were using the ID for a legitimate purpose, such as to prove your age to enter a bar or club.
Local Resources For Those Facing Fake ID Charges In Ocean City, MD
If you are facing fake ID charges in Ocean City, MD, there are a number of local resources that can help you. These include:
- Legal Aid Bureau of Worcester County – 410-686-7711
- Maryland Legal Aid – 800-323-2525
Contact Ocean City Fake ID Lawyer Richard Brueckner
If you are facing fake ID charges in Ocean City, MD, it is important to contact an experienced criminal attorney immediately. Ocean City Fake ID Lawyer Richard Brueckner has over 25 years of experience defending people accused of fake ID offenses. He will work tirelessly to protect your rights and get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call Ocean City Fake ID Lawyer Richard Brueckner today at 410-430-1465 for a free consultation.